Become blade designer and support our factories
Within the Product Design and Engineering department, the Design Engineering team is looking for a new Design Engineer.
As Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the state-of-the-art detailed design of new LM Wind Power blades and work in a project team with highly skilled engineers of different cultures and nationalities. You will be involved in the blade design process from the very first sketch up to supporting manufacturing start-up at some of our 14 factories across the world. You will also participate in blade audits to help ensure the high quality standards of our blades. You will be based in our Engineering office in Heerhugowaard
The main objectives for the Design Engineer
- Actively drive the blade detailed design process from identification in the conceptual phase to the implementation and evaluation phase
- Responsible for creation and update of blade geometry component details, models and drawing
- Provide input and review working instructions, bill of materials, production and quality documentation
- Lead continuous improvements & influence new design standards
- Support LM factories during testblade, prototype and 0-serial production and participate in product audits
Qualifications - our new Design Engineer
- Bachelor of Sc. in product design, mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering
- Advanced experience with 3D CAD tools (NX Unigraphics would be an advantage)
- Skilled in 3D-modeling, design of components and Design for Manufacturing
- Experienced with design and manufacturing of FRP structures
- 3+ years of product development experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive experience in working within cross-functional and international project teams
- Fluent in English
- Prepared to travel
Exciting career prospects
We offer a challenging, international position in an organization of professional and highly qualified specialists and colleagues, where you will have ample opportunity of gaining influence. For the right applicant, the job offers possibilities of career progression and personal development.
Are you excited and want to become our new Design Engineer? Then APPLY HERE.
Do you have any questions?
For any questions, you are welcome to contact Régis Bensoussan, Manager, Design Engineering at email@example.com.
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Isabelle Dam, Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & values
Our values transcend differences. With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common values.