- You are passionate about composites and have some years of experience within developing, validation and execution of mechanical testing.
- You will be working closely together with Technology & Development and Material & Process Engineering to develop new test methods for characterization of Materials and validation of new technologies and repair methods.
Your main focus will be on the below areas:
- Development of robust methodologies to test and qualify Polymer Matrix composites
- Technical lead advisor within development of new test methods for epoxies, Carbon and pultrusions
- Development of global team competences and skills (manufacturing and mechanical testing of coupons, sub-structures and repair methods)
- Coordination and execution of test engineering activities according to agreed timeline
- ISO 17025/ISO9001 compliance
- NCR handling
You will have a team of approx 20 employees based in our engineering offices in Denmark, India, UK and Netherlands, and work closely with all departments and programs in Global Engineering and other internal departments in need of testing, as well as external testing providers, e.g. DTU (DK), VTT (FIN), BiSS (IN), WMC (NL).
- Master of Engineering in mechanical/ materials engineering
- Preferably >10 years of experience with development, validation and execution of test methods.
- Six Sigma Green belt/ Blackbelt
- Experience in Polymer Matric Composites
- Experience in statistics related to testing
- Knowledge of LEAN and Six Sigma methodology
- Knowledge of ISO 17025/ ISO 9001
- Ability to motivate, inspire, coach and develop others
- Capability to working in multi-cultural teams in multi-site.
- Excellent English language skills (written and oral)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Business, is a world leading designer and manufacturer of rotor blades for wind turbines, with a global manufacturing footprint that includes blade factories in Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, India, Poland, Spain, France, Turkey and the United States. The company has produced more than 215,000 blades since 1978, corresponding to more than 102 GW installed capacity and global savings of 212 million metric tons of CO2 annually. In 2018, LM Wind Power became the first carbon neutral business in the wind industry.
Follow us at www.lmwindpower.com or on twitter @lmwindpower
If you are the right candidate APPLY HERE as soon as possible
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Isabelle Dam, Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & beliefs
With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common beliefs.