The Senior Director has the responsibility to lead the New Capacity department and global projects that deliver ready-to-run blade manufacturing plants on time. Projects can be greenfield, brownfield or refurbishments. Particular focus is on health & safety, quality, innovation, cost control, compliance and integrity. You will be the main point of contact for customers and demonstrate full accountability for functional, business and company goals.
The Senior Director, New Capacity heads a team of 13 employees (project directors, project managers, construction managers and engineers) in US, India, Poland, Spain and Denmark, and reports to the VP of Industrialization. You will be based either in our Technology Center in Lunderskov, Denmark, or in our plant in Goleniow, Poland.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive the new capacity team towards execution of projects and business goals
- Define and monitor KPIs to ensure new capacity is delivered according to plans and commitments, adjust plans when necessary, and communicate across global functions
- Owner of the New Capacity Handbook
- Drive a culture of safety and integrity and lead by example
- Ensure sufficient capacity exists to achieve customer commitments per business plan and sales and operations planning
- Develop your team, provide leadership and direction
- Be an active contributor in the pre-project phase for preparing the project budget, site selection, design and delivering input for business cases
- Be overall responsible for the four project work streams construction, production equipment transfer and implementation, hiring and training and start-up management
- Drive innovations to be ahead of requirement to new plant designs, including environmental related legislation
- Drive a collaborative, cross-functional partnership with Global Operations (customer), and other supporting and global functions
- Actively participate in Industrialization's management team to develop and execute ambitious strategies for future LM plants and production technologies
- A master degree in mechanical engineering, process engineering or civil engineering, preferably combined with an MBA and/or equivalent experience
- Very strong experience in design, construction, execution and commissioning of production facilities
- International experience and cultural awareness covering Americas, Europe, India and particularly China
- Very strong leadership experience, preferably with plant leader experience
- Knowledge of blade manufacturing
- Strong English language skill (verbal and writing), preferably combined with Chinese language skills
- Strong knowledge of the disciplines of building new capacity such as specifying and assessing plant designs, permitting and infrastructure, understanding of environmental requirements (e.g. air-handling and filtering), policies and regulations established internally as well as state and local laws
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple priorities and work through ambiguity to deliver results
- Understanding customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends and considering the external impact of business activities and decisions on the external environment
- Demonstrated leadership to successfully motivate and drive accountability for global teams through employee involvement, safety and teamwork in a global organization
- Manufacturing and Supply Chain management acumen
- Understanding of transport requirements and solutions, including procedures and duties to import of equipment
- Financial management (business case, budget, cash flows, material and labor cost worldwide, exchange rates, etc.)
- Strong and inclusive communicator, experience communicating to a diverse audience
Denmark, Lunderskov or our plant in Goleniow, Poland.
You can apply through GE.com/careers or through this link.
If you have any questions to the role, you are welcome to contact Allan Riber, VP Industrialization at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Isabelle Dam, Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & values
Our values transcend differences. With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common values.