Reporting to the Engineering Program Director for Q&EHS and in close co-operation with our top management team, you will be responsible to:
- Lead engineering development projects on field repair solutions from idea initiation to final implementation to bring down cost of poor quality
- Ensure developing the methods, execute the design verification of the methods, and validate in close cooperation with LM Service and our customers
- Work closely with internals and/or external suppliers of new material and process technologies for field repairs
- Screen market of field repair solutions to ensure the right strategical decisions are taken on repair technology development in LM Wind Power
- Ensure repair solutions bring the needed competitiveness in terms of cost and robustness for field repairs
Cooperation with CEO, VPs, business leaders, customers and suppliers
The role requires cooperation on all management levels across the whole organization worldwide plus close cooperation with several external customers and suppliers. You will drive business cases for field repair solutions, which you will present to the highest level in the company for approval. This process includes alignment with internal and external stakeholders on resources and timing while ensuring that projects requirements are meet.
We expect that you are an experienced Project Manager, with minimum 10 years’ project management experience, and preferably you come from the wind business. More specifically:
- You hold as minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical field
- You have experience with technology development and/or field repairs solutions preferable within the wind industry
- You have strong project management skills and are used to manage large number of stakeholders and activities in a dynamic international organization
- You are fluent in English
As a person, you take responsibility and initiatives to deliver solutions at right quality to agreed timeline and budget. You are a strong communicator that are able to influence and drive consensus across different management levels.
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy business (approx. 10000 employees globally), is the world’s leading supplier of blades to the wind industry, and the only supplier that operates on a global basis. The wind turbine industry is becoming increasingly complex, with radical progress made over the last few decades, providing great opportunities for professional development and a work environment that promotes initiative and creativity. If working in a company which creates state-of-the-art technology and processes attracts you, LM Wind Power has a career for you. Visit www.lmwindpower.com for more information and follow @lmwindpower on social media.
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy. Visit www.gerenewableenergy.com for more information and follow @GErenewables on social media.
If you are the right candidate please APPLY HERE as soon as possible
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Isabelle Dam, Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & beliefs
With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common beliefs.