Specific responsibilities are to ensure competitive design, prototyping, test and validation of production equipment with internal experts and suppliers. Simultaneously, planning and execution of technology transfer and implementation in several plants must be planned, coordinated and executed. Focus is on CAPEX control, health & safety, reliability and capability of equipment. The Project Director reports to VP of Industrialization and is part of the management team. Project wise the project director is allocated to the strategic program and the respective program leader. The Project Director leads a team of 10-20 engineers and project managers plus suppliers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Organize the team, provide leadership and direction
- Work closely with the program leader, other project managers and plants
- Design, prototype, test and validate molds and production equipment with internal experts and suppliers
- Technology transfer and implementation of molds and equipment in plants
- Deliver high capability and validate performance and cost
- Control and challenge CAPEX levels to secure overall competitiveness
- Establish standards and documentation for new technologies with specialists and relevant line managers in Industrialization
- Drive a culture of safety and lead by example
- Actively participate in Industrialization management team to develop and execute ambitious strategies for LM plants, production and transport technologies
- An engineering degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent knowledge/experience preferably combined with a management or project management education
- Major experience in execution of projects and implementation hereof in a manufacturing context
- Significant project / program leadership experience from technical functions
- A strong communicator
- English language skill (verbal and writing)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with technology development and manufacturing technologies
- Strong business understanding and a holistic view
- International experience and cultural awareness covering Americas, Europe, India and China
- Project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple priorities and work through ambiguity to deliver results
- Understanding customer needs
- Demonstrated leadership to successfully motivate and drive accountability for global teams through employee involvement, safety and teamwork in a global organization
- Financial management (CAPEX, business cases, budget, cash flows etc.)
- Knowledge of blades and blade manufacturing is an advantage
If you are the right candidate APPLY HERE as soon as possible.
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy business (approx. 9300 employees globally), is the world’s leading supplier of blades to the wind industry, and the only supplier that operates on a global basis. The wind turbine industry is becoming increasingly complex, with radical progress made over the last few decades, providing great opportunities for professional development and a work environment that promotes initiative and creativity. If working in a company which creates state-of-the-art technology and processes attracts you, LM Wind Power has a career for you.
Visit www.lmwindpower.com for more information and follow @lmwindpower on social media.
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy.
Visit www.gerenewableenergy.com for more information and follow @GErenewables on social media.
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Isabelle Dam, Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & beliefs
With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common beliefs.