As our Principal Engineer, Advanced Manufacturing Systems (ATS) you will be part of a core team of technical specialists aiming at developing the future manufacturing platform for composite blades. You will be in charge of the system architecture for the automation of blade manufacturing in this newly established role, reporting to the Senior Director for ATS.
Establish a strong innovation culture:
- The vision of the specialist function is that you act as the pivot point for manufacturing innovation for the future.
- You thrive with high uncertainty, but you also know how to take the lead to reduce uncertainty in an agile fashion.
- Primary objective is to develop an architecture for automation based on new design principles.
Work closely with our other teams:
-You will act as the Advanced Technology Systems (ATS) day to day specialist leader for the advanced manufacturing engineering system design within ATS and drive innovation sprints with the help of other Engineering functions of LM.
- You will be supporting other engineering programs with conceptual idea generation on an ad hoc basis.
We expect that you are an experienced specialist, with minimum 7 years’ of experience in engineering specialist roles dealing with automation and manufacturing of composite components.
More specifically, you:
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, ideally in electrical, mechanical or manufacturing engineering. Preferably, also with a professional background as electrician, machinist or process operator or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Significant experience within the automation industry. Preferably some experience working in plant engineering functions.
- Track record of turning automation concepts into real working solutions.
- Preferably experience from industrial sectors working with automation of composites manufacturing.
As a person, you are passionate about automation, system design and composites component manufacture and associated processes. You are able to coach less experienced specialists and others on resolving complicated technical issues (8D, FMEA and other six sigma techniques). You are self-driven and able to plan you own work. You reach out to others on the team to secure systems hang together. You know how to drive execution – especially with external contractors. You have good communication skills and by nature a good collaborator. English is our corporate language, and we expect that you have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Business, is a world leading designer and manufacturer of rotor blades for wind turbines, with a global manufacturing footprint that includes blade factories in Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, India, Poland, Spain, France, Turkey and the United States. The company has produced more than 215,000 blades since 1978, corresponding to more than 102 GW installed capacity and global savings of 212 million metric tons of CO2 annually. In 2018, LM Wind Power became the first carbon neutral business in the wind industry
If you are the right candidate APPLY HERE as soon as possible
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Isabelle Dam, Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & beliefs
With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common beliefs.