- The Lead Blade Service Engineer will be part of a team of engineers responsible for delivering solutions and support for wind turbine blades, including:
- Repair instructions focusing on safety, quality and cycle time
- Repair dispositions for severe blade damages
- Application solutions for aero upgrade projects, etc.
- Continuous Improvement and productivity projects
Further, you will serve as a repair process technical expert and will also be responsible for mentoring and training Field Roaming Engineers and Lead Technicians.
A key success factor for this role will be the ability to:
- Bring safety, quality and productivity into delivered solutions
- Lead/Participate on teams for problem solving, standardization, and best practice sharing
- Perform FMEA and technical review of New Product/Technology Introduction projects
- Make technical decisions by application of specialized knowledge / skills
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify/test/implement new materials/solutions
- Provide technical leadership with other Engineering Departments, Centers of Excellence, Manufacturing, Quality, Sourcing, Global Research Center, Suppliers, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Mechanical or Materials Engineering, or related discipline and significant experience in composite engineering
- Ability and willingness to travel globally
- Ability and willingness to climb wind turbine towers and work at heights
- Engineering Degree, Mechanical or Materials
- Composite material background
- Fluent written and oral skills in English and local language
- Experience from the wind turbine industry
- Experience with tooling, lifting devices, or machine design
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Support a strong team and breed positive morals
- Understands business objectives and drives specific tasks required to meet the objectives
- Encourages input from all members of the team
- Displays good interpersonal skills - is accessible and approachable
If you are the right candidate APPLY HERE as soon as possible
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy business (approx. 9300 employees globally), is the world’s leading supplier of blades to the wind industry, and the only supplier that operates on a global basis. The wind turbine industry is becoming increasingly complex, with radical progress made over the last few decades, providing great opportunities for professional development and a work environment that promotes initiative and creativity. If working in a company which creates state-of-the-art technology and processes attracts you, LM Wind Power has a career for you.Visit www.lmwindpower.com for more information and follow @lmwindpower on social media.
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy.Visit www.gerenewableenergy.com for more information and follow @GErenewables on social med
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Isabelle Dam, Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & beliefs
With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common beliefs.