You will be spending a greater extent of your time in our laboratories working with our technicians to manufacture and test coupons and components, and to develop new and existing test methods in mechanical testing.
You will interface with other LM departments (Particularly Materials and Process, Supplier Quality and Sourcing) and ensure the TVC delivery for prioritized projects across engineering buckets.
The testing will be carried out in our laboratories in Denmark and India, and at external testing service providers both in Denmark and abroad.
You will be responsible for:
- Being the single point of contact for the Test Requestor (understand requirements, coordinate with planning, understand the priority and respond appropriately, coordinate with - - TVC operations and deliver documented reports on time)
- Coordinating with customers and internally for smooth handling of tasks
- Coordinating with in-house and external test institutes to ensure on-time delivery of test
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Relevant experience in composite manufacturing, including development and setup of new test methods, execution, evaluation and reporting of test activities
- Experience in LEAN and six sigma methodologies would be an advantage
- As a person, you are a strong communicator, able to collaborate with internal customers and suppliers, with sensitivity to culture. You get things done, with a structured approach and in partnership with colleagues. We expect that you have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
In our department, there is growing emphasis on getting more and more information from the tests conducted and getting the tests done in a leaner and faster way. To succeed, you should have a bent towards technology and have appetite for improvement in testing and the related manufacturing.
If you are the right candidate APPLY HERE as soon as possible
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Business, is a world leading designer and manufacturer of rotor blades for wind turbines, with a global manufacturing footprint that includes blade factories in Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, India, Poland, Spain, France, Turkey and the United States. The company has produced more than 215,000 blades since 1978, corresponding to more than 102 GW installed capacity and global savings of 212 million metric tons of CO2 annually. In 2018, LM Wind Power became the first carbon neutral business in the wind industry.
Follow us at www.lmwindpower.com or on twitter @lmwindpower
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Isabelle Dam, Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & beliefs
With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common beliefs.