LM Wind Power is the world's leading supplier of wind turbine blades. Our leading position in the international market is the result of skilled, motivated employees. We provide opportunities for development in an international company that focuses on advanced design and production technology along with a tradition of good craftsmanship.
The primary purpose of this position is to sand and paint the blade. A Finishing Technician will complete their duties by:
- Using a variety of hand tools and power tools to sand the fiberglass in preparation for gelcoat application
- Also being responsible for equipment installation prior to the windmill blade being sold to the customer
Starting Pay: $16.34 – $18.17 per hour depending upon experience and shift differential.
Shift options may include the following (subject to change)
- Tuesday through Friday 5am – 3:30pm plus applicable overtime
- Tuesday through Friday 2pm - 12:30am plus applicable overtime
- Saturday, Sunday, Monday 5am – 5:30pm plus a 12 hour shift every other Friday
- High school diploma, GED or related work experience
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
- Previous fiberglass experience helpful
- Ability to operate basic hand and power tools
- Ability to lift or carry objects or materials up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work on scaffolding and climb ladders.
- Ability to read blueprints / work instructions / safety protocols
- English comprehension for effective work related verbal and written communication.
LM Wind Power offers a competitive benefit package to all full time employees:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid life and short/long term disability
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) per year
- 80 hours of holiday pay per year
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending plan
Please stop by our front office or submit applications/resumes to the following address:
LM Wind Power
Attn: Human Resources
1580 South 48th Street
Grand Forks, ND 58201
LM Wind Power Blades (ND), Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employee
A competitive package
"At LM Wind Power, we work with five typical career steps for engineers, ranging from Graduate Engineer to Chief Engineer. We know we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as it is based on the relevant salary statistics of the markets in which we operate and we regularly benchmark." - Isabelle Dam, Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
You own your development
A career at LM Wind Power means working in an international, diverse, safe and innovative environment. And, joining our team is just the starting point.
Culture & beliefs
With operations that span four continents and countless cultures, we have our fair share of differences. But at LM Wind Power, the differences drive innovation and synergy because of common beliefs.